Mueller Clan Camp Site
Over the 24th of July weekend we went camping with the Mueller family to Smith-Morehouse near Kamas. Yes, I was brave enough to take my 5 week old child out to the woods. And yes, we slept on the ground in a tent. We are REAL campers, none of this fancy-shmancy trailer/rv/motorhome stuff! We relaxed, did some geo-caching, ate good dutch oven camp food and hiked around the lake and campground. We stayed for two nights. The second night it POURED rain! I am still wondering how we survived. We sat around the picnic table for a while thinkg the rain would stop. But it went on all night. We we put on trashbags and high-tailed it to our tent. The boys got cozy in warm clothes and fell fast asleep. Then Zak and I realized the water was seeping into the tent! Yikes. Good thing we had several beach towels to help sop up all the water. Lots of thunder and lightining and long hours--but we made it through the night! Landon and Connor were both warm and dry. Everything else was soaked! All in all, a fun camp trip. I would do it again with a newborn. They are easier to take care of than a toddler crawling through the dirt! One of these days I am going to get better at taking pictures of my whole little family together so you can see that I am actually attending these events.



3 comments:
You were there, or you would not have pictures. Andrew's first camping trip was at 10 mo. Jared's at 6 mo and Kiana's 2 and 1/2 years.
Looks like fun. Your littlest camper is looking like he's getting some cheeks. How darling!
You are tough. I don't think I could have done it with a newbie. I really enjoyed our tent trailor this year...but I guess that's not very outdoorsy. Love the pictures and chubby little Connor!
Post a Comment