So, Landon will be turning 3 in exactly 20 days, and we are NO where near being potty trained. I REALLY could use some help on this one. I know that everyone says you have to wait until the child is ready. But with Landon, I'm afraid he'll never be ready. He is not a real fan of change, especially in his own life. So, I am begging for you help and opinions. I have tried several methods, to no avail. Anyone know of a good book I should read?? Thanks for your help. I really need it!!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Wee, Wee really need help!
Posted by Kelly at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Kelly, I totally hear ya!! I am stressing about my little one who is approaching his 3rd Bday (In June). We have had few pee's on the potty, but when given the choice between cool Diego underpants or a diaper, he totally goes for the diaper! I don't really know what to do, they say try but if they totally don't want to then back off for a few months and then try again. My little nephew is 3 1/2 and he just barely got trained, they tried for a long time with him, he would even tell his little sister to "hold on I gotta go poop" while they were playing, he'd go poop in the corner then continue playing. He was definately smart enough but just not ready. We talk about it to JB everyday, hopefully that is a least putting the thought in his head!
When I was a nanny, we would watch "It's Potty Time" everyday. Jack loved it. I loved it. It had the coolest songs. I don't know if it helped anything-but it was definitely cool.
P.S. Love the new quotes!!
Kell, Talk to Bree. She has pretty good advice about the ol' PT. I think it would work with Landon too, because it involves him getting "dirty" and we all know how much he loves that....P.S. I was expecting some Boston posts. hint hint.
Yeah, you hate for the kid to be ready, but that really is the key. Barb (my mother-in-law) loves to remind me that she was convinced that Rob's mission presidents wife would have to potty train him. He was over 4 years old when he did it. Patience my friend. The treasure bucket worked really well for Abby and it was starting to work for Coop to, until the accident. Now we have to wait until June to get started again. Good luck!
I have a potty movie that is "bear and the big blue house". Jayben watched that everyday for a month. We made a sticker chart with Thomas stickers and his goal was to get a Gordon train. Some people say you can do it in one day with a potty party. I read the book. It might work. Heck it's only a day, it's worth a shot.
So I just started trying to potty train Avanlee...does every child go 20+ times a day? I have to take her to the toilet every 10 minutes. I don't remember it being this time consuming with Scarlett. If you fnd out what works, pass it along.
Kelly,
Hey my son is 2 1/2 and I put a bubble gum machine on the back of the toliet, so everytime he goes we go and get a penny and he gets gum. I also make sure I wake him up in the morning and take him straight in to go wee,wee. We also read books and sing songs. You have to find something that he likes and incorportate in somehow to include going potty. Good Luck!! Jill
Post a Comment