(My Oma is the top left girlie in this picture!!)Well actually, it is. My uncle just found this really swell picture of my grandma (my Dad's Mom) I grew up called her Oma--(which is german for Grandma). I guess she used to go to college up at Utah State and her and a bunch of her gal pals dressed up in the football players uniforms one day.....who knows what they were doing? I love to find out random tidbits about this grandma--her life is still kinda mysterious to me. She married my grandpa after being at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. She was a nurse for the Navy back then and got drafted immediately into the war (well, duh--she was already in the war) She had a son from a previous marriage or realtionship but no one knows what happened to that man....or no one talks about it at least. So, anytime I get to see picutres of her younger years and hear stories about her. I really feel like I am getting to know her better. Love Ya Oma. I cannot wait to spend more time with you in Heaven and hear ALL the stories and explanations!
GO AGGIES!!



4 comments:
Yay for your boomin' Oma! I knew you got your sweet powder puff skills from somewhere. Also-yay for Monster Jam. I'll have to get your review, I've always wanted to go to one of those.
How awesome!!!
Well, it seems we BOTH like to find out interesting tidbits about our Grandmas! These crazy ladies always seemed so sweet and innocent in thier old age, but little did we know!!!
I love reading all of the cute things that Landon says. I have told you that before, but what he says just cracks me up! I am sitting in my bedroom laughing because of the funny things that come out of his mouth. How do you ever keep a straight face with him around? Also, send me your email address so I can invite you to me blog. My email is sarahmorris1234@yahoo.com
Post a Comment