Thursday, March 12, 2009

"I LOVE to see the Temple..."

Landon always talks about going to the temple whenever we are near one or drive by. So, we thought the Draper Temple open house was the perfect opportunity for him and us to see a beautiful new temple before it was dedicated. For those of you who went, you know how breathtakingly beautiful it is! I am glad we took time for this little outing! Landon was looking forward to see the baptism font that the "cows were holding on their backs" and also the "huge sparkley light" in the Celestial room. His cousins and Grammy went last week and told him all about the things he would see. They failed to mention the coolest bus ride ever--the shuttle from where you park up to the temple. I think that ended up being Landon's highlight of the day. Oh well. At least we got to put some good ideas in his head about the temple and what goes on there. Hopefully he can remember this for a good long time and use it to help build his testimony! It was hard to get a good shot of the outside due to the fact that you are herded through a long string of tents when you enter and exit the temple. These parking lot shots were the best we could do. Landon is supposed to take a picture of him and his family for primary this year--they are learning about "Eternal Families"

Don't worry--I didn't use my camera inside the temple--
this is at the church afterward, eating refresments!
Landon's Favorite Aunt Missy came along for the ride!
Our cute little family--and my ever growing belly!!
PS--Funny Landon Quote on sidebar from temple outing today!!





6 comments:

Bree said...

How fun! Seriously Landon's sayings crack me up! I love the Angel Moroni analogy..too funny. And I also loved that he wanted to have a little brother that is a girl baby instead, how funny is he? He is so darling.

Sarah said...

I love that picture of Christ that he is standing in front of. I am wishing that we had been more on top of it and got tickets to the open house! It looks so beautiful!

Jen said...

Your such good parents. I would actually be a little afraid to take Jake to the temple. I'm not sure about his reverence at this point. I think its a great thing to do and I am sure he will have a stronger love for temples now. Give us a ring anytime your available, its been forever since we have all hung out.

Shaun - Jillian said...

What a great thing to be able to take Landon too. I love all of his little comments - they always make me laugh. You look darling pregnant too!

Sarah Empey said...

Well, well, well- it's great to see some of my favorite faces on your blog again! I've missed your camera too! And, just for the record, you can't even TELL you're pregnant in that last picture with your black shirt. Jerk. Hope to see you soon!

Libby said...

Ditto about seeing your cute faces. I love that little Landon J. Stinkerpot.