Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sneeky Sunday

So Land-o decideds to get up EXTRA early on Sunday morning. Right around 6:30, I think. I am not totally sure because Zak and I were still sawing logs in our bedroom. So, the little turkey sneeks out of his room and decides to play outside on his playset that Daddy Zak had set up the day before. So later on that morning, Zak and I wake up wondering why Landon is being so quiet. I look in his room, not there. I look downstairs, no Landon there either. I look in the family room/kitchen and cannot see him. Panic starts to kick in! Then I see the back door is ajar. I look out the window and this is what I see:

Crazy kid in camo P.J's jumpin away!

A close-up view of the escape artist!

So, heart attack averted. I found my little lost boy. Needless to say, we had some major talks about NOT going outside without telling mom or dad first. We tried the scare tactic of strangers stealing him away--but he seems unfazed by the whole ordeal. I think we may be investing in one of those hotel locks that has a chain up high where crazy children cannot reach! The back door is the only deadbolt that Landon can open. The rest are to hard for him. At least he wasn't across the street eating pancakes at the neighbors house!!

11 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Oh my! I would have had a heart attack. Even after seeing the back door ajar my first thoughts would have been that someone broke in the house and stolen him (a la Elizabeth Smart) Silly boy!

Bree said...

Even though your heart had sunk a few times I am sure you got a kick out of him. I am sorry, but he is hilarious! I love how he was at least responsible enough to put on a jacket and some goggles. What a hoot he is.

Camille said...

What a little stinker....He just wanted to play...I loved his get-up!!!

Holly said...

I have to admit, I did laugh. However I would have have been as freaked out as you if it was me.
He is a very cute kiddo.

Ness said...

That is hilarious. Jayben has done that before. Lucky for me he leaves the door open and the gate to Harpers open so I know just where he is.

Libby said...

Stinkerpot!! At least he was wearing camo-even if there were some kidnappers in the 'hood, they probably wouldn't have seen him.

Tara Chase said...

That is hilarious. Cam also escaped our house and we had to put on doorknob things. I love his outfit. Clever kid.

The Coombs' said...

That's SO funny! I especially love his goggles!

Christa said...

Too funny! Hopefully he doesn't pull that crazy business when the new little guy comes. We want to come play your Wii again by the way :)

The Coombs' said...

Hey Kelly, that link is www.mothergoosetime.com

Ash said...

Kel- you're officially a LifEsAveR!!! I owe you bigtime!!! Also, my email is agzmccleary@gmail.com if you wouldn't mind sending me some of your "gluten free" info and sharing the knowledge that'd be gr8! Thanks so much!