Saturday, September 12, 2009

Soccer "Super Star"

Landon started AYSO soccer for the first time a couple of weeks ago...ann now I am getting around to doing a post about it. The first game he acted super excited for days leading up to the game--but on game day he was a bit timid. He ran his little legs off, but wasn't all about getting aggresive with the ball and other boys. This week--much improved, in fact he scored his first goal ever! Yea!! We hope to have more of those in the future. We were talking about the game on the drive to the field and I told Landon I would be so proud if he got a chance to score a goal. He asked if I would yell "GOOOOAL" really loud for him and run around--so I said yes--thinking that him scoring a goal was a long shot after his timidness during the first game! Well, I was wrong and he made sure I kept my word. So there I was running down the sideline yelling "GOOOOAL" at the top of my lungs! Landon got a kick out of it! (No pun intended) .Thanks to the Erwin Family for showing support to our little future star!
I guess his namesake (Landon Donovan) would be proud!
The "Red Ninjas" warming up before the BIG game


"Coach" Daddy Zak


3 comments:

Eichmeiers said...

How fun! Especially for Zak!!

Libby said...

Those red ninjas are lookin' fierce!! Way to go Landon! Also-I love your family pics. Very cute.

Christa said...

Too cute, I'm glad he's making his Daddy proud :)