I love cookies and so does my hubby. So I saw this on
http://www.readableeatables.blogspot.com/. I really love her blog! I know that everyone probably has a stand-by cookie bar receipe--but not me. I do like the pudding in this one. Yum! I took a plate of these to my new backyard-across-the-park neighbor, Veronica. (Hope you liked them!) And I also shared with my two BEST brothers, who came to mow my lawn--since my hubby is a cripple for the ENTIRE summer. So now the pan is empty! Guess I'll have to make some more. Thanks Readable Eatables for letting me "steal" your receipe.
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 pkg. semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375. Mix butter, sugars, pudding mix and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour and baking soda, beating until well blended. Stir in chips. Spread in greased 13 X 9 baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan, cut into bars.
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 pkg. semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375. Mix butter, sugars, pudding mix and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour and baking soda, beating until well blended. Stir in chips. Spread in greased 13 X 9 baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan, cut into bars.
Note: Does anyone ever think cookie bars need salt? I may add a smidge next time I bake these. But then, maybe not.




4 comments:
Too bad it is so late otherwise I would be heading to the kitchen to make those scrumptious looking bars. Thanks for the recipe, we will have to give it a try.
I love treats, especially cookies. And cookies in a bar form totally count. Thanks for sharing. I'm making these this week for sure.
Kelly,
How sweet to receive your unexpected neighborhood-welcoming-delivery...and, oh my goodness, these were so yummy!! Thanks for posting the recipe! I will be making these very soon....
I do happen to have all of the ingredients...maybe I smell an afternoon activity!! Come over if you want a bite!!
Post a Comment