Bittersweet news to hear that President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away yesterday. What a great man and wonderful example to us all! But now he gets to be back with his sweetheart, Marjorie!! I will never forget my awesome experience of meeting him in the Salt Lake temple. I was there to attend a sealing for one of my dear gal pals ( I cannot remember who??) Anyway, we were standing in the hall waiting to file into the sealing room, when from around the corner I could hear a very familiar voice!! I said to my friend standing next to me, "Hey, thats President Hinckley!" And sure enough, around the corner came the prophet. He shook hands and smiled hello to everyone. He was going to marry his grandson in the room next to us! I'll never forget his smiling face and kind attitude that radiated from his entire body! We love and miss you Gordon B!!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Well I obiviously don't live in Utah anymore!! When I pulled up you blog this is the first I have heard of this. I am also saddend but at the same time so glad that he can now go and be with this sweetheart.
Yeah, I think it was Bree's wedding maybe? I do remember that one too though. I don't think I will ever forget it either
I love the new darndest things section to the right. You'll have to keep that one up to date. Kudos to you.
We saw your blog on the Harwood's blog so we invited ourselves. We love the quotes from Landon.
Post a Comment