Over the Pioneer Day weekend, we (with the whole Mueller Clan) went camping up at Smith and Morehouse. To get there you basically go to Park City, then to Kamas up into the Uinta Mountains. It was beautiful and the weather was not quite so hot up there. I would have to say this was Landon's first real camping trip. He has camped before but cannot remember. It was so much fun! He loved the hot cocoa in the mornings when it is still chilly outside, he loved going to sleep in his tent or "little house" as he called it. We went hiking, fishing and just hung out with our family. The other families we went with are my parents friends from high school. We get together a couple of times a year. Camping over the 24th of July is a major tradition!! We even had a giant moose in our camp ground. I was scared of bears because there had been a sighting of one about a mile from our camp site!! I woke up at five one morning to something chomping outside my tent--I thought for sure it was a bear. I peeked one little eye out the bottom zipper and saw a whole herd of cows munching the grass right next to my tent. I don't know who was more surprised, me or them!! They took off at a full run!! We ate yummy dutch oven dinner and just enjoyed each other's company!!
Monday, July 28, 2008
"I Love the Mountains, I Love the Rolling Hills, I love the fireflys and I love the daffodils..."
Kids with Hot Cocoa around the camp fire
My Little family doing some hiking!
Missy and Jessica on dish duty
Daddy Zak and Landon taking in the wildlife!
Fishing with a huge Diego fishing pole! While Landon
soaks his toes in the freezing water!
Posted by Kelly at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Aaahh, gotta love the great outdoors, cows and all!
I am so sad we couldn't make it. It looks like you had a great time. Maybe next year.
Looks like you guys had a great time. We were just camping in Oakly and that is not far from where you were. It's beautiful up there.
I've been camping a lot in my short life, but never with a herd of hungry cows! Only the Erwins...
Camptastic!! Who doesn't love a little bovine action on a campout?!
Post a Comment