Wednesday, September 03, 2008

We had a "fair"ly good time!

Okay, so the Weber County Fair was about a month ago--but I am a little slow on getting this post up! We went with our fun friends the Zezula's--its sort of a tradition for us to go together. We saw the animals which Landon thought were "dumb and stinky." He kept asking why they were all just lying there. I guess even cows and goats and pigs think that 100 degrees is way too hot! Then we had some refreshments and played kiddie games like the fish pond and ring toss. We won some totally awesome prizes. Next it was time to ride the carnival rides! That night the special was that if you rode--then a friend got to ride for free! So as you can tell by the photos, Jace and Landon had a swell time on the rides. One of the "carny" ladies asked me if I wanted to ride in the car with Landon but I told her there was no way I could fit. She just laughed and told me that "she had seen women 3 times my size squeeze in them dam cars to ride with their kids!" I told her I'd sit this one out and just watch from the sidelines! Wished I would've busted out the camera earlier in the night so you could see all the great "white-trash" that we cam across. I must be a "red-neck" at heart because I love hanging out at the fair!!



Jace and Landon shooting "guns" on the airplane ride


Little Jace refused to look at me--but his mom forgot her camera!
He had the biggest grin on his face the ENTIRE ride!

Landon looking like the next Moto-X Champ!

This ride was a bit too fast for just little Jace to ride
so his daddio hopped on with him!

4 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

I always knew that there was a little "Carni" in you Kell. As always, Landon is dressed like he's straight out of a catalog. We saw those rides too....however, Rich's brother-in-law worked for a roller coaster company and he said those rides don't have any regulations (wah wah wah wah) and so they are NOT SAFE!! Actually I'm just jealous because we didn't have any cash and so that is the REAL reason we didn't ride on them.

Libby said...

Did you even eat any of the delicious fried fineries? You better have at least grabbed a corn dog or a funnel cake. Peter is mesmerized by the fried peanut butter sandwiches that are in the Utah State Fair commercial. We might have to make a pilgrimage.

Kristen said...

I haven't been to the Weber County Fair in at least 10 years. I'm totally sad I didn't take the kids. I forgot all the fun rides there. Just saw your Bear Lake post too. How do you know the Atwaters? Joel and Rob's brother Mark used to run together. Anywho cute pics...4 DAYS BABY!!!

Tiff and Trev said...

That was so much fun! Thanks for taking pictures for me...I'm such a bad mom! I need to do a post on this too...better late than never, right?!