Wednesday, January 07, 2009

It is a ...........Baby!


I went to the Doctor today. I am 16 weeks along and Zak came along for the appointment today in hope that our child would cooperate and we could find out what we were having. Everyone keeps telling my that I'm having a girl--which would be GRAND! But deep down in my heart, I am set on having a boy. Boys are easy. I have baby boy stuff (and plenty of it, I might add. Even if it has a few barf stains.) Boys are cheaper to dress than girls, I have several boy names to choose from and absolutely NO girl names, and lastly, I think it would be fun for Landon to have a brother although the age span will be 4+ years!! So, appointment went well. Dr Julia Goolia (as Zak refers to her) puts the cold, gooey glop on my belly and says everything looks great. Baby is about 4 inches from head to bum, heart beat sounds perfect. Then she asks if we want to know the sex---I told her--"Duh, thats what we are here for!" She then announces that she thinks that we are definately having a BOY!! I asked, "definately?" and she replied--well, at least 90% sure. So, I'll take that as being a boy--for now. Who knows, maybe next month we will be having a little girl? I'll be sure to keep you posted on that one!!

10 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Woo hoo! Congrats!!! That's perfect! Landon will be a great buddy to Baby Boy Erwin. What are your name ideas? I promise I won't steal them....

Bree said...

Hurray! That is so exciting. You will have to let me know how I can get one of those. I would love to have a boy someday. And I bet it will be a boy because Julia Gulia doesn't really like to 'guess' like a lot of other Docs. That's awesome. Hope yoiu are feeling a lot better these days!

Tiff and Trev said...

YAY!!! That's awesome! I thought for sure you were having a girl too...even though I haven't even seen you since you announced you were prego (what's up with that?!). Boys are fun....girls are fun....I just think it's great to find out what you're having so you can be excited for either one. I'm so happy for you guys and we need to get together ASAP!

Jennie said...

Congrats on the the baby boy!! I'm jealous you got to find out- I still have 2 more weeks to wait! Hope you're feeling better now that trimester #2 made it's arrival.

Linds said...

YEA!! I am so happy for little baby bunting! I can't say from experience, but I am with you on the boys are easier and cheaper! I am so excited for you!!

Sarah Empey said...

Boys are the way to go- You've probably seen enough of Colie to know!

Libby said...

Yay for the dudes. I'm sure wee Erwin and Levi will be buddy old pals. Hurrah.

mommy and me said...

Kelly! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! Another boy, how fun! Hope all is well with you and that you and yours had wonderful holidays! See you soon hopefully!

Marcy said...

Horay for you guys! It's funny, I was just thinking about you guys the other day, when I saw your parents on the freeway. So happy for you. I haven't seen your blog for a while since I was a little "erwin establishment" confused. Good luck with everything!

Abbie said...

Kelly, I'm soooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!! You and Zak produce some really cute looking kids, can't wait to see the next one! When are you announcing baby names..???? loooovve baby names!!