I surprised Zak with tickets to the opening game for Real Soccer at their new stadium--Rio Tinto down in Sandy. I must admit that I am pretty spoiled. I don't like to go to sporting events unless my seats are pretty prime! I was able to score some GREAT seats at the half field line on row 4! We could see really well. I do like to look at all the cute soccer players. (Hee!Hee!) The game was on Thursday night--the eve before the big storm came into town. By the end of the night, I was pretty frosty. I was wearing 3 coats and a scarf too! We had a blast! Can I just say that I LOVE date night....thanks to Grammy Kim and Grampa Don for tending so we could have a "kid free" night! The stadium is cool--very state of the art and the game was pretty good. Real ended up tying with a score of 1 to 1. But that beats a loss any day if you ask Zak! I think a tie is like not playing a game at all--who is the winner?
We had alot of fun--our only complaint is the food. I mean, if you are going to spend over 10 million dollars on a new place to play--you might want to make sure the food tastes good and that you don't run out of hot cocoa before half time!!
Two soccer dorks--waiting for the game to start!
Slight malfunction--sprinklers went on--getting a whole bunch of "big wigs" all wet.
All the Real players in their glory on their new home field!
A look at the GIANT scoreboard.
GO ReAL!!







6 comments:
Yea for Real and Date Night! I drove by the other day, but have not been in yet. It looks pretty cool. Every new building has their kinks to work out, but WOW!
Kelly,
Sounds like fun. Veronica now has your 5 andes mints! Please get them soon....she has a penchant for eating things that don't belong to her..Vero, if you are reading this I LOVE YOU!!
Looks like fun. We want to go sometime. Your such a thoughtful wife!
Kelly,
I don't know what to do...I'm utterly disappointed in Veronica. If you haven't read what she did, well I think you should call her because I think she should own up to it...sorry, please feel free to enter any other giveaways. We just know who not to trust..(at least with chocolate covered mints)
Kelly, You officialy get the "Best Wife Award." What a great surprise! You are making the rest of us look bad. I have a treat for you. Something BETTER than 5 lousy (slightly stale) Andes mints. Just you wait.
Kelly, You ROCK! You know Zak's sweet spot! He is a lucky man. I am so jealous. Looks like they were great seats. I talked to Zak at church 3 days later. He was still excited about the surprise.
Post a Comment